Daemon shows off the current Fawns, Homes, Ether Crystals, shows how to birth on the HUD, as well as the “old school” method of birthing with “clicking and holding for 3 seconds” (which is much faster). Daemon talks about how the fawns in the last version would birth logs that were completely broken, explains that the main test he’s doing today is making sure the logs are working fine again. Some slight issues with hovertext in the Starter Logs / NPC Logs (Possibly logs from breeding as well.) Birthing Particle is starting off on the avatar and then moves to the location of the birthing fawn, so that needs to be changed. Not much more left to do at this point, the product is very polished and working much better now.
Daemon typed this up in chat earlier, putting it here permanently:
[06:21] Daemon Blackflag: it really wont be much longer, just hang in there a bit longer, our fawns in-world are pretty much ready for beta right now as-is, i just need to do some double checking on the entire product, need to make sure our Redelivery Portal is working (self service redelivery of fawns / logs), and maybe do a bit more dueling/racing/NPC testing… i cant think of anything else other than some web features like the Web portion of the redelivery portal, i need to make sure that is working with the in-world portion… we’re very close, like, very close. [06:21] Daemon Blackflag: at this point if i see any minor bugs, i’ll probably give them a pass [06:21] Daemon Blackflag: so we can get into beta [06:22] Daemon Blackflag: we’ll have time to resolve those during beta
Dash and I have been working diligently on connecting the My Account Web Features to the Fawns Database. We hit a road block, so to speak, but we have finally managed to plow right through it.
For inquiring minds, one of the pages that shows every single one of your logs (once you are signed in to the website) was not working properly. It uses many coding languages mixed together to operate, making it difficult to pinpoint what was going on to cause the issue. We even tried comparing broken code to known working code, and it was turning up identical in most instances.
Long story short? We were going a tad bit crazy trying to figure out what was going on, but we did! So we’re moving right along as usual.
I know it’s already the 22nd of June, we’re definitely running on the late end of things, but please bear with us as we take the needed time to finalize the beta so that you all can get right into it. We’ve done our best to manage our time wisely, but a breedable project needs a lot of attention to ensure its success. Even the slightest issue can have an enormous effect on the community, so we’ve been extra careful. (This is not our first rodeo.)
Getting close to beta folks! Not quite there, but we have the fawns packs and items inside of them working – just not 100% optimized. Give us a bit more time and you’ll be in beta before you can say antidisestablishmentarianism.
You can watch as Daemon tests out the latest Alpha Builds, letting you know how much closer we’re getting to Beta. We should have a new video out in the next few days showcasing where we’re truly at right this minute.
Thanks for hanging in there, we’re getting a whole lot closer to beta now.